At Lone Fir Creative, we’re a team of creative professionals with entrepreneurial hearts. We’re eager to jump in to support and help each other at any given point. Our Finance team is looking for their newest team member who's eager to dive into all things Bookkeeping.
The bookkeeper will be responsible for recording daily financial transactions, updating our general ledger and preparing balances. You’ll monitor cash flow and produce financial reports to assist the leadership team in making strategic financial decisions. You’ll be the eyes and ears of our accounts receivables and payables.
Your day-to-day may consist of but is not limited to:
- Evaluating and developing systems to account for financial transactions by modifying and establishing a chart of accounts; define bookkeeping policies and procedures.
- Invoicing and overseeing the delivery, tracking, and follow-up client invoices
- Preparing monthly financial reports
- Aligning and monitoring budgets projections with actuals in Quickbooks
- Weekly transaction matching of income and expenses
- Management of payroll on a bi-monthly basis
- Ensuring compliance with federal, state and local legal requirements
- Tracking and organizing records of receipt for various financial transactions
- Supporting the internal team with billing and invoicing questions
- Special projects as identified by Director of Operations
- You’re highly organized, there’s nothing that gets past you. When numbers don’t line up it keeps you awake at night.
- You are comfortable working autonomously.
- You take the responsibility of having access to sensitive information very seriously and ensure the highest standards of security and confidentiality.
- You have an innate ability to analyze financial data and pull insights / trends
- You work well under pressure and are comfortable fielding multiple requests throughout the day while also being able to prioritize requests
- Active Certified Management Accountant (CMA) or other relevant Bookkeeping certification
- 3-4 years of bookkeeping experience
- Experience working exclusively on an accrual basis and building out cashflow management systems
- Experience working with multiple entities under a single parent company
- Bonus points for experience working in a creative, branding or marketing agency setting!
- Quickbooks Online
- Google Drive
This position will start on an hourly part-time basis working anywhere from 15 - 20 hours / week.